The Life of Lucianna
A Blogger who shares stories and spreads love ...
SIX BEST PLACES TO VISIT IN NEW ENGLAND
“If I’m an advocate for anything, it’s to move. As far as you can and as much as you can. Across the ocean, or simply across the river… Open your mind, get up off the couch. Move.”
The following blog post is written by my wonderful friend, Lauren. You can check out her adventures on her website: lyricallauren.com
Travel is one of the best experiences anyone can have, regardless of their age, gender or socioeconomic group.
Obtaining new experiences and visiting new places opens your eyes to a world you may have never even known existed.
Many people think that they need to leave the country to be true travelers, but the truth is, you simply need to leave your house.
The United States has a wide variety of amazing destinations just waiting to be explored.
Below, we will touch upon some of the more popular travel destinations by region, beginning with New England.
Visiting New England
1. Acadia National Park: While the state of Maine is absolutely gorgeous unto itself, Acadia is located right next to the popular tourist town Bar Harbor.
This provides you with the chance to stroll along the beach and take in some of the more touristy areas before escaping into natural scenery that is nothing short of breathtaking.
Be sure to get up early and drive up to the summit of Cadillac Mountain to witness one of the most spectacular sunrises you will ever see in your life!
The operative word here is to arrive early, as space at the summit fills up quickly, especially in the summertime!
2. Boston: The capital city of Massachusetts, this is a place that is rich in history.
If you do nothing else in Boston, be sure to make time to walk at least the majority of the Freedom Trail, a nearly 8 mile, very easy trek that leads to right past some of the most historical places in all of New England!
Follow the yellow line embedded into the side walk to stand on the very same spot where the first shots of the American Revolution were fired, visit the iconic Faneuil Hall, or take a stroll to the harbor where the Boston Tea Party unfolded so many years ago.
For sports fans, you simply cannot do better than to take in a Boston Red Socks game at Fenway Park!
3. Cape Cod: Also located in Massachusetts, this is perhaps the most famous beach town in all of New England!
With a plethora of beaches, gorgeous boardwalks and some of the freshest seafood you will find anywhere, this is a great spot for families and couples alike!
4. Burlington: A relatively small city nestled against the shores of Lake Champlain in Vermont, Burlington is an awesome spot to visit to truly get a taste of Vermont culture.
Be sure to take an afternoon to wander up and down Church Street, an open-air pedestrian market that boasts a number of excellent selections for dining before headed down to the lake front to sample a frozen concoction at the historic Shanty by the Shore!
Just a short drive away, you will find the incredible Shelburne Museum, along with the Vermont Teddy Bear Company and of course, the Ben and Jerry’s Factory!
5. Mystic: A beautiful seaside town located in Connecticut, you can visit the Mystic Seaport to be transported back into time as you wander through a living museum that allows you to experience the day to day life of sailors back more than a hundred years ago!
There is also an absolutely phenomenon aquarium here, complete with penguins and even a rather friendly Beluga whale!
6. The Kancamagus Highway: Be sure to fuel up before embarking on this nearly 35-mile long drive through the White Mountains of New Hampshire, as there is literally nothing between the starting point in Conway and the end in Lincoln.
This means no gas stations, no restaurants, no bathrooms, and no cell service.
What you will find, however, is turn after turn off paved road that affords you with spectacular views of the White Mountains.
There are plentiful opportunities to leave your vehicle and explore various lookout points, or if you are feeling very adventurous, take one of the many day hikes located in this area!
Welcome to my personal blog. This blog is going to be filled with everything magickal. Even the grimy stuff of life.
Check out the song I wrote below: